
A woman of precision or accuracy I am not. However, I've determined my husband and I are the perfect painting duo because I like the paint the details--trim, doorways, tiny little nooks I can only reach with a brush--and he likes the large walls he can knock out with a roller. Despite all of the HGTV education I've collected, I still cannot get the @$*# tape to actually create a clean line. Granted I don't typically clean the walls or use alcohol like they recommend, but it's getting quite annoying when there's bleedthrough on your nice wooden trim. I decided to spend an extra dollar over the blue painter's tape and try it. They actually provide their own suggestions, tips, etc. and I did a little web searching. I "practiced" by putting the tape line inside the closet (which was more work to clean out and paint than I could muster at that point) so when you opened the doors you could mostly just see the new color, and also so if I screwed up royally it wouldn't really show. Voila, literally one minor touch up and the rest was amazingly clean. No paint (that I left) on my door or window trims or baseboards.
I didn't pick the widest roll, but the medium-wide roll. Completely worth the $7.
No comments:
Post a Comment